Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wedding Wednesday -- Looking for Elizabeth

I'd like to learn more about one of the mysterious women named Elizabeth in my family tree. She married my great-great-grandfather four years before he married my great-great-grandmother.

The Illinois marriage index tells us:
  • Elizabeth BREISWATER married on March 30, 1862 in Macon County, Illinois, to George VOSSLAR

The Macon marriage register appears a bit different:
  • Elizabeth BREITWACHER married on March 30, 1862 in Macon County, Illinois, to George VOSSALER

I believe the correct version is:
  • Elizabeth BREITWIESER married on March 30, 1862 in Macon County, Illinois, to George VOSSLER

Was Elizabeth married before? Was this her maiden name or a married name? Did she have children in this marriage or a previous one? Do I have some cousins descended from this Elizabeth? I'd love to hear from someone who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment