Sunday, October 18, 2020

Photo Connections -- Part Two

 

A reader/friend/cousin-by-marriage shared that she made a new connection by paying attention to profile photos:

When I read your post about profile pictures I thought it a little strange, something that had to be a very rare occurrence. However, it seems even stranger after I had the same thing happen to me yesterday.
     
I was cleaning up some of the records I had posted on Ancestry. ... On some of the records I was drawn to the profile picture of one of the people who had saved the record.

As so often happens, I wandered off on a tangent. I did not have death records for my ... 3rd great grandparents, so I was looking at one of their children on FindAGrave. Someone had left flowers and there was the same profile picture! That let me know that she was also working of this mystery branch of the family. That caused me to look more closely at the other people in the cemetery. And there was the stone of my great grandparents.

... I contacted the person, who it turns out is a cousin of this mystery branch. She said that the profile picture was of her favorite video game character.


How Many Profile Photos Have You Uploaded ?


As I went on my profile photo changing mission this weekend, it was surprising how many different family history websites I needed to check. 
 
Figuring out which photo to use is probably the hardest part of the process. Having just one photo to choose definitely means being able to move quickly through the sites to make the update. 

Including this blog, nine sites now have nearly matching profile photos. One broken site remains to be updated. There are also a couple of sites with subscriptions that are temporarily lapsed.  

Can you find a photo connection or can you be a photo connection for your cousins? Please join me in making sure your profile photos show your consistent, smiling face.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment