Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Dance

It's Sunday night as I write this and I'm doing a happy dance. Remember AncestryDNA? Here's an unexpected find, thanks to the project. I've taken the time to look at matches for more distant cousins and have found some matches that solidify an assumption.

Based on circumstantial evidence, family researchers have theorized the names of the parents of Kezziah D Fry (marked in red) who married James Childers or Childress in Madison County, Alabama, in 1828. I've accepted the theory and not done any primary research on that line.

One of my 5th-8th cousin matches is the one shown here, with our common ancestor, Clemens Dunkelberger of Pennsylvania. There are a handful of other trees that match in similar ways, but this new-found cousin has the strongest possibility of correctly following her tree. So I call the Fry theory much closer to proven!

I'm definitely happy dancing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment